View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Kenji Ushiro Sensei Seminar - May 2008

Kenji Ushiro Sensei was introduced to the U.S. Aikido world by Stanley Pranin and was featured at both Aiki Expos. He has been a featured, guest instructor at the Boulder Aikikai Summer Camps for the last several years. He was the subject of an episode of the popular tv program "Mind Body & Kickass Moves." (a clip of this show can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRlf_RXrqRQ ). Ushiro Sensei teaches an Okinawan style of Karate that emphasizes "Zero Power." His utilization of Ki in his budo is at a level rarely seen. This seminar is a rare opportunity for Aikidokas to work on increasing the ability to generate and use internal power in the execution of our art. This seminar will also help Aikidokas learn to effectively apply Aikido with karate style attacks. His appearances in the United States have been limited to large venues, up until now!

I will be hosting Ushiro Sensei at my school in May of this year. This will be a SMALL VENUE so that the training experience will be personal and intense for all of the participants. Pre-registration is required, and I fully expect that this seminar will fill-up quickly.

Where: Aikido Arts of Shin-Budo Kai
185 Adams Street
Bedford Hills, New York 10507
Http://www.aasbk.com
Sensei@aasbk.com
914 - 242 - 3636

When: Saturday, May 3, 2008: 9am. - Noon & 2:30pm. - 4:30pm.
Sunday, May 4, 2008: 9am. - Noon & 2:30pm. - 4:30pm.

Costs: Both days: $200
One day: $125
*Preference will be given to both day participants so as to allow for continuity in the training experience*

Special Opportunity: If somebody wants to serve as an interpreter during Ushiro Sensei's stay, please contact Marc Abrams (host of the seminar) directly. Contact information has been listed above.

Marc Abrams