View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 08:10 AM   #26
eyrie

Australia
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Actually, Mike does have a point... if you can't describe the basic parameters of what "it" is, all of which has a direct bearing on HOW to train "it" and the thrust of this thread.... then any credibility of what you say next basically amounts to little more than saying "just keep doing X for Y years and you'll figure it out" OR "yeah, we already do that...".

A very simple question was asked of me when I first broached the question... can you do aikido in the weightlessness of space? The next question was... can you do kokyu in space and if so, how? If not, why?

It doesn't take a physics major or even astronautical expertise to describe this in simple lay-person's terms... and I guarantee if you can answer this simply... (K.I.S.S.) - without reference to misogi, or some such rotational esoterica, you will kick yourself at how "simple" the whole thing is and yet how complex it can be to actually do "it". [OK, you don't have to post your answer... it's like a joke... either you get it and laugh to yourself or you don't. If you don't get it, don't worry... but keep it to yourself lest your Martial IQ be exposed even further... ]

Not only that, you will also see why certain people understand what others "in the know" are saying, and why it appears like some people seem to be "bashing" others over the whole thing....

And then maybe we can all get on with discussing how one trains "it"....

Last edited by eyrie : 06-26-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Ignatius