View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
Jason Mayo
United_States
Re: Seiseki Abe Sensei video....whats going on here?

Quote:
Ron Tisdale wrote: View Post
Bingo!

I should probably add that when shite is 90 plus, I am not concerned about "resisting", or having him prove something...I am concerned about feeling what he is doing, how he is doing it, what effect it has, etc. If flowing with him allows me to experience that stuff, great! If I don't feel or experience anything remarkable, that's fine...I'll take the ukemi and be happy I trained with a 90+ guy who knew the founder and is still getting on the mat. Probably won't go around telling people "hey, I didn't feel him do anything". Probably won't take the next boat to China to train with that person, either...

Best,
Ron
This is another thing Im not getting. So just because your training partner is old, you should take it easy on them? And worse yet, just "take the ukemi"????

So just cause someones old, they dont need to sharpen their skills? I learned the hard way more than once how offended some more "seasoned" martial artists get when this sort of thing happens.

But maybe thats not what these individuals want anyways. Maybe they WANT to just wave their hands and have people pretend to fall down for them....

Last edited by Jason Mayo : 07-11-2008 at 12:23 PM.