View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Re: cross training options

Is parkour something that can be taught? It seems more like skateboarding, stunt-bicycling and other urban-acrobatic pursuits: You maybe could get some coaching and useful tips from a skilled parkourista (is that even a word? ), but the rest you'd pretty much have to figure out for yourself and have good acrobatic-gymnastic body talent.

Quote:
David Santana wrote: View Post
I'd love to learn parkour.. (my friend jokes about it for becoming a skilled underwear thief LOL) unfortunately, there isn't one that I know of..

if I remember correctly, my Sensei allows his students to learn other MAs but he forbids his students to learn another style aikido.. I forgot why.

it's not like I want to combine them.. I think I fell in love with martial arts (I don't know if it's the sensations during and after practice or the community) so I just want to learn many things while getting more exercises.. I've been doing aerobic exercises and conditionings almost everyday but I don't get the feeling like when I come to a dojo and train there.. can someone give me a supposedly fun or exciting routine that I can do to train aikido at home? I don't have a mat though.. just concrete floor. even though I suppose I can do ukemis on the floor, I'm just not sure if it's a good idea.. especially doing a high breakfall on them >_< *ouch

Last edited by Cady Goldfield : 08-12-2011 at 06:27 PM.