View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Lorel Latorilla
Japan
Re: Training Internal Strength

Quote:
Dave de Vos wrote: View Post
I have some questions about training for Internal Strength.

I read quite a few posts about internal strength on AikiWeb, and I'm interested in learning more about it. But I am not quite sure what it is exactly. I've tried to find out more on YouTube. Is it something like this or this?

I also read that it is very much possible and even required to do a lot of solo exercises to improve ones internal strength. What kind of exercises are these? Are they something like this or this? (Well, these examples aren't solo, but my wife might be an exercise partner)

Might these solo exercises be learned from video or would I require a personal teacher to teach me the right way to solo exercise? (I wouldn't know where I can find someone that teaches this kind of stuff in my area)
You'd have to go to a teacher. This stuff has not been codified yet by Western science (although I think we're in an interesting transition) so there is no way really for you to glean anything from videos or discussion online. Even for those who have exposure to bodyskill, discussion can be difficult. This stuff is cloaked in metaphors, and while some take the liberty to create their own 'interpretations' about the metaphors, these metaphors point to an actual concrete physical process.

Unless stated otherwise, all wisdom, follies, harshness, malice that may spring up from my writing are attributable only to me.