View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 11:21 AM   #1220
DH
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Christian Moses wrote: View Post
Again I agree, but what happens when your *own* terms are some extremely complicated multi-dimension equations? Or, to bring it around to the martial topic, what happens when you *understand* internal dynamics by movements of deities through your body or strategies of budo by white lines of power? What happens if that is your own terms? The people who become really great teachers, are those with enough natural ability to do it, and an ability to transmit what they are doing to a properly motivated student *in terms that their students can understand*.
Hi Chris
I can agree to a point. There are plenty of talented guys who can't teach but can do. But I have always maintained the following.
a. This stuff isn't natural. It's different.
b. The only way to get it is through mental accumen. You simply must know what you are trying to accomplish. and even then its stupifyingly difficult to burn in to your body.
c. No one can find it on their own. Its has to be shown. You can of course build from there. But to discover it? No, not really.
d. Some stuff is ridiculous in that you have to imagine it long before you can make it happen. Which defies finding it by chance
So in the end anyone who is doing it, had to get there by mentally formulating and following through on a set path to re-wire. And so they "know" what they are about.

Last edited by DH : 07-04-2007 at 11:27 AM.