Thread: Ki is Extended.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 10:12 PM   #6
tedehara

Dojo: Evanston Ki-Aikido
Re: Ki is Extended.

Quote:
ahmad abas wrote:
I can do unbendable arm easy, even with my fingers being grabbed. I can also do unliftable body. But I can't for the life of me do unbendable body and unbreakable fingers... any ideas how I can improve this two exercises?

I've tried to imagine myself like a plank, but my torso sags anyway for the former.

I've tried to think of my fingers as a complete circle, but ppl can pull it apart anyway.
If you try and think of yourself as a plank, you're generally tensing up. Just go with the feeling that you have when you do unliftable body. Just relax and keep one point. When your friends try and lift from your feet and your shoulders, you shouldn't sag in the middle.

When you touch your finger tips and form a circle, try and think of energy going around. The tough part is when people try and pull your fingers apart. The tendency is to fight back. The only way to overcome this is to relax and do nothing (i.e. don't try to fight back and tense your fingers). This is real difficult, so don't get discouraged.

If this were all easy to do, we wouldn't need to practice.

It is not practice that makes perfect, it is correct practice that makes perfect.
About Ki
About You