View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: The techniques of Budo Renshuu #50-60

Quote:
Jason Casteel wrote: View Post
Nice video Chris! With the exception of 51 and 60, all of those techniques (or an extremely close variation) are commonly practiced in our style. You'll see people do that type of koshi (51), but that's not the type of koshi we typically practice. I don't recall ever seeing 60 practiced as a technique, but you see people end up in that position often enough. About the only thing we do different really is adding some movement to stretch uke out a bit first, get them off their center a bit so that they're not standing right over their base. Good job though, you always do good vids.
Thanks Jason. I think 60 is pretty interesting, I've not seen it done in Aikido before. There are more interesting throws coming in the other sections. It's neat to me to see, when we compare our different Aikido styles, which of these techniques were favored by different instructors and made it in their system, but other ones that seem strange and our particular style doesn't do them at all. It's fun. It's like looking at pictures of our grandparents and saying "oh, you have uncle bob's nose".. HA!