View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #388
Ken McGrew
Dojo: Aikido at UAB
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Quote:
Chris Knight wrote: View Post
no definiately not the same definition... you are advocating large physical movements within aikido, when in reality, which is what a martial art is generally based around, there is no time for this and movement has to be internalised... no body knows what is comiing, and my guess is that the internal movement is developed until it becomes as natural as possible within us...

as the chinese say, less movement is better than large movements, and no movement is the goal
Chris, this gets to the heart of the disagreement. I understand your perspective. I disagree for various reasons that I have and could lay out again. I am not a real budo man so there is no reason to care what I think.

I do not advocate only for large movements. That is a misunderstanding of what I am saying. It can be large or small. There are lots of ways to cook an egg. They are all parts of Aikido that fit some situations better than others. Aiki is more than physical. It is many things. I could explain exactly what I mean but by now I see mosts posts as an attempt to draw me back into fire. Why address me at all?