Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #53
Tony Wagstaffe
United Kingdom
Re: Aikido, Martial Arts & Sparring

Quote:
Henry Ellis wrote: View Post
Tony

So !! you was one of those posh kids with a bike

Derek Eastman and I were the first teachers in the UK to introduce Aikido to the Education System in the early 1960s...Just a few years ago we gave up our 30/40 junior students because of the new tree hugging controls, just not worth the trouble anymore.

Henry Ellis
http://aikido-blogs.blogspot.com/
Henry,
Is was an old one me and my Dad made up from a scrap yard, painted and found some newer bits to put on it... it wasn't exactly posh!! The forks were bent inwards as we couldn't straighten them out. The dam thing was to big for me to start with so we put wooden blocks on the pedals so I could reach them.... I looked funny when I rode it as my ass would go from one side of the saddle to the other!! That was my first bike The racer I bought from my paper round proceeds....
Some of the other kids had new bikes, but they didn't go to Italy every two years....

As for the schools they only have themselves to blame and they go on about dysfunctional kids, who breed more dysfunctional kids, why the country is getting fatter by the year, why people can't cope with their lot, it make's one want to puke. When all they have to do is get off their areesses.....!!

Last edited by Tony Wagstaffe : 03-05-2011 at 03:06 PM.