View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
Nick P.

Dojo: Sukagawa Aikido Club of Montreal
Re: Why does this keep happening?

Actually, Mark, if by shout you mean scream and by interrogated you mean inquisitioned.....

His aikido, in all fairness, is if not equal than maybe even better than mine; smooth, great ma-ai, and that's the odd part. You know how some people's technique reflects their attitude towards you? That's what was so surprising. Somewhere it registered very quickly that "oh, this guy's technique is good, so whay is he being a bit of a wank?"

Did I mention how he would not let me finish any technique he didn't feel was working? I know full well which of my tecniques SUCK, thank you. I don't need an uke with an ego to tell me that.

I was tempted ("Luke. Come to The Dark Side.") to do the same to him when I found holes in his technique, but he allready drew out a verbal confrontation from me, and I was damned if I was going to fall into that with technique. I went to great lengths to stay connected no matter what.

Probably all he really wanted to do was help. Maybe he's a megalo-maniac who likes to push peoples buttons and just so happens to have good/great technique. Maybe someone dropped him as a kid.

Whatever. I should jusy shut-up and train.