Old 03-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #322
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: New Internal Style of The Wooden Staff

Quote:
Tenyu Hamaki wrote: View Post
Marc,

You don't have to admit you made a mistake. Please take your own advice though and refrain from posting further ad homs, it's a waste of time.

-Tenyu
Tenyu:

Thank you for bringing up the issue of mistakes. Let's review:

1) Total martial arts training experience under a teacher: 3 years- Seido Karate under Nakamura Sensei. 2.5 years Aikibojutsu under Reid Sensei. Total of 5.5 years of training under teacher and you then are teaching a "new style."

2) Aikibodo as a new internal style of the wooden staff: You studied under Reid Sensei for 2.5 years and reached the rank of shodan (SHO referring to beginner!). Reid Sensei is the first person in martial arts to have taken certain mathematical and physic concepts and directly applied them to the understanding and teaching of his unique style of Aikido and Bojutsu. In some venues, certainly in the academic sphere, new/novel applications of current ideas do translate into proprietary ideas and concepts that have been protected, even in courts of law. After you created problems in that organization, were demoted and kicked out, you have essentially taken proprietary information, made slight adaptations and called it something new.

3) You were allowed into the instructor's training program based upon the your brother's recommendation. You are Japanese. According to Japanese tradition, your family honor was placed on the line by your brother's recommendation. You violated the conditions of your being allowed to be in that program, thereby bringing dishonor to your family's name. I do not think that I need to inform you of the traditional manner of restoring honor.

4) As a condition of entering that training program, all people acknowledge that they are not allowed to teach that information without Reid Sensei's explicit permission. You explicitly violated that policy and tried to explain it away by saying that you did not have to sign anything. What is it that they say about the value of a man's word?

5) You claim in post #56, that you are teaching Reid Sensei Bo katas. Nothing more needs to be added to that one, except to note that you complain about other people being liars.

6) You post personal stuff (pictures, etc.) that are essentially irrelevant to the thread topic and object when people respond to your posts at a personal level.

7) You recently stated "I have created some of the most lethal staff forms in history but I'll never show them publicly in demonstrations, video, or to undedicated students." Created?, Most lethal?

8) You were recently given an opportunity to "display your wares" at a "Dogs event" and declined because you did not want to injure anybody.

9) You recently said "Unlike O Sensei, I'm willing to teach Internal Aikido in a way where anyone can begin learning it from the very first day of class. This path isn't exclusive to me nor should it be. "
Exactly what do you base your comment about O'Sensei on?

I could go on and on.... I frankly have yet to make a mistake that I need to own up to on this thread. You on the other hand appear to keep digging and digging and digging in hopes of digging your way out of a widening hole that you have created for yourself.

Marc Abrams