View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Workshop with Mike Sigman on Ki in Aikido

Hi Mike,

I have been following your threads here on Aikiweb and on Aikido Journal for a while now and it appears that your views on Ki principles are closely aligned with those I learned from my training in the early Ki Society back in the late 70s.

I was really looking forward to having the chance to train with you, but unfortunately, I have been informed by Bob & Budd at the Itten dojo that the workshop is full and there is no more room for anyone else. Consequently, I was wondering how long you were going to be in the area and if there may be a possibility of getting together informally for a short period of time. If not, do you have plans of coming back to the east coast some other time, and if so, what would be the chances of getting together then.

Also, your recent articles on Ki and Aikido on the Aikido Journal site are excellent. Like you, I grabbed an Aikido shihan about 30 years ago and have been searching for the secret that would lead to that same internal feeling ever since.

With your permission, I would like to quote your articles as views on Ki we agree with on our Aiki group's web site at aikikurabu.org

You can private email me if you like and I look forward to your response.

Best Regards

Greg Steckel