View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #23
danj
Dojo: Brisbane Aikido Republic
Australia
Re: Fascia and the story about Fuzz

Quote:
Krystal Locke wrote: View Post
I am having a hard time finding any information on the guy in the OP video. Anyone know what Gil Hedley's PhD is in? What was the granting institution?
He has a 2 papers on google scholar
http://scholar.google.com.au/scholar...1%2C5&as_sdtp=

I could only follow one of 2 listed publications (the second was a citation rather than full paper I think) and there is no google scholar profile (an author has toself sign up for that though)

Notes on visceral adhesions as fascial pathology
Gil Hedley
Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies
Volume 14, Issue 3, July 2010, Pages 255–261

Summary
Fascia is introduced as an organizing anatomical category for visceral mesothelia. Normal tissue relations are discussed in order to frame the presentation of abnormal visceral adhesions as fascial pathology, 4 types of which are identified. Laboratory dissections of fixed and unembalmed human cadavers provide the basis for insights into these pathologies as regards self-care and therapeutic technique.

The publication is a bit young for impact factor and there is no affiliation cited for the author, the references cite many works including the authors earlier work as published DVD but nothing that gives a institutional clue, eg a supervisors work in the field. Perhaps its an honorific such as sometimes adopted by practitioner in health related fields

The email link on science direct goes to a web page gilhedley dot com if you want to get in touch?

ah from his 'More!' tab
"Gil: While studying for my doctorate in theological ethics at the Divinity School of the University of Chicago..."

Last edited by danj : 08-04-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: bit more info