View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #36
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Shiro Omiya Shihan on "Aiki"

Quote:
Ron Ragusa wrote: View Post
Time for Aikido folks to end this war and realize that development of both aspects of Aiki are needed for the practitioner to become adept at the art of Aikido.
why end it? the ki war hasn't been ended, then why should the aiki war need to end? it's human nature to be entrenched in our own belief. it has been going on since day one, when Ugg the neanderthal told his budy Arrhhh that mammoth tasted better with steak sauce than with ketchup; wherein Arrhhh promptly clubbed Ugg on the head with a giant smoked turkey leg, that he got at Disney where his kid insisted that he should get one, because it looked cool. if you look back into human history, war and conflict brought about change; otherwise, things would just stagnate. why should it be any different here? it's the same with the war between coffee or tea. and what with the milk stuffs in them?

Quote:
Place the immovable body in the midst of a crowd of attackers and the result will be an immovable stain on the ground.
Ron
I think the statement of "immovable body" needs some clarification. it seemed folks think that "immovable body" meant that one should just stand there to be stabbed. immovable body meant that if you (generic you versus you you versus yu which is a chinese guy selling those white buns of death in china somewhere) are very centered and capable of redirecting forces elsewhere and not moving if he/she/it so choose. and when he/she/it so choose to move, it will be an immovable body on rail, i.e. you moved with very centered. that he/she/it is very difficult being tip over/push over/pull over (unless he/she/it is drunk which will be pull over for DUI), generally not over of some form or fashion. so please folks, when you hear the phrase "immovable body" don't think that i will stand in one place and let you stab me. there is a different between capability and stupidity.

that's my 5 large dongs (dong is money unit in vietnamese) get your mind out of the gutter!

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org