View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Rocky Izumi
Dojo: GUST Aikido Club
Kuwait
Re: Finally finished training DVD

Quote:
Lynn Seiser wrote: View Post
Compliments. It look great. Appreciate the principle aspect. Too often forgotten.

But, 29 x $60 ($55+$5) = $1740.00. A large investment for the series. Any chance at a single volume (or 2) that introduce the pinciples?

Best of luck in your Aikido and sales. I look forward to reading reviews.
Hi Lynn,

Because I am producing these for my students and I find that just an introduction is insufficient, I am trying to do a credible job on each principle. I find that even spending 45 minutes to an hour and a half is not enough time to cover the principle sufficiently (and I think that has been done much better by a number of other people). So what I have done is to spend a good 45 minutes of structured time and some further unstructured time on the subject. I will only be able to produce 3-5 DVDs each year. I expect the series to take me about 6 to 10 years to produce all of them so the price for the entire series is amortized over that period. That comes to about $165.00 per year to $275.00 per year at the most. I just can't afford to produce any more than that each year since I don't have the money and time to invest in their production at any higher rate.

Rock