View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
Diana Frese
Dojo: Aikikai of S.W. Conn. (formerly)
United_States
Re: Response to: It Had to be Felt #4: Arikawa Sadateru: "Please, put your hand Down!

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your request! Last night my husband was using the computer, but I got a chance to log on briefly and saw Niall had a blog entry on Arikawa Sensei, I didn't get a chance to check the forum threads. I followed the link he had to an earlier blog entry of his, from before I joined Aiki Web. I've never been sure whether to post on old blog entries, but saw Francis Takahashi sensei had posted there, so I posted my reminiscences of Wednesday afternoon classes with Arikawa Sensei in the mid-seventies after his.... So if you go to Niall's recent blog, and click on the link to the earlier blog entry..

I, too, hope others will post their memories of Arikawa Sensei in this thread, or at Niall's blog. Arikawa Sensei has been at summer camp and seminars here in the US and I think Rick Stickles of New Jersey trained with him in Japan, and I remember one of Lorraine DiAnne's seminars here in Stamford CT where she taught one of his techniques. She smiled when she announced it, she may have even said that in recognition of me if she knew I had taken his classes in Japan, and also some in the US. I hadn't trained in years but always made it a point to try to watch her seminars..