View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #41
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Re: Steven Seagal seems like a jerk teacher. A bit at least...

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
His movies speak of the abundance of his heart, as someone said above, he just seems to desire to hurt people. You let his evil into your mind, you let him hurt you, too. His sick movies have hurt a lot of people and they have hurt aikido.
While you are at it, why not mention every other person who has been in a violent movie or a movie that involves bad morals. You can't single out an actor or two when countless do it. Acting is called acting for a reason. There are even people playing "good roles" who certainly don't live that kind of life. You can't judge a person by a role that they act, nor can you judge a book by its cover.

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
I didn't mention Seagal's video training clips. I said if you saw O Sensei acting like that in his videos, you'd think he was a super jerk, too.
I never said you mentioned his training clips. Someone else did. As far as seing O' Sensei tossing around an uke, again it wouldn't bother me provided the uke is/appears to be capable of taking those falls.

~Look into the eyes of your opponent & steal his spirit.
~To be a good martial artist is to be good thief; if you want my knowledge, you must take it from me.