View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #48
"AikidoObsessed"
IP Hash: ae179115
Anonymous User
Re: HELP! I'm being bullied in the dojo!

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
That's understandable. It is bad form to instruct your seniors -- and also a bad idea, because you're probably not as right as you think you are. No matter how wrong you think he is, you really will do better to just bite your tongue, let him practice, and leave the instruction up to your sensei. If nothing else, it will probably save you an embarrassing incident down the line when you presume to "instruct" someone who is much senior to you.

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." -- Mark Twain

To be honest, that doesn't really tell us much about your abilities. Different federations have different testing requirements, and some require much more mat time between tests than others.
My sensei says we're supposed to give each other feedback and help each other when something's not working.

The average time to reach 3rd kyu, according to my sensei, is one and a half years.

Thanks for the help!