View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #266
Sanshouaikikai
Dojo: Kin Tora Martial Arts and Fitness Center
United_States
Re: NHB Fighting and Aikido

Quote:
think it's funny that you're willing to fight a MMA guy, but not a JKD guy. JKD takes elements from different styles, just like MMA does. A lot of jkd jguys use boxing and muay thai strikes, wrestling takedowns and clinching, and groundfighting from bjj or some other style. The only difference is the intent that they train with...
No...JKD came WAAAAY before this MMA wannabe stuff. Like I always tell people...MMA or shootfighting or Pancrase or Luta Livre or w/e you wanna call it is an incomplete wannabe version of JKD! Those styles I just mentioned are not complete...they only consist of 3 ranges of combat and they totally skip one. They go from striking to grappling rather than striking, trapping and grappling. Striking consists of two different ranges which are kicking and punching ranges. Modern MMA fighting totally ignore these facts and go around saying that they're complete fighting systems! Thus...it is A LOT easier for me to defeat an MMA guy over a JKD guy. Yes...PLEASE post my challenge to other forums if you may.