Thread: Atemi
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 02:53 PM   #40
akiy

Re: No, I'm not there yet...

Quote:
Originally posted by chadsieger
I can answer both of your questions at the same time. You were esentially wondering how through Aikido training you would be able to stop someone hurting somone else, blocking you, ect..
No, actually, I was wondering how you can reconcile your assertion that aikido is a "defensive" art in the face of people who are threatening you or someone else without attacking you.

I also asked what you meant when you wrote "the person blocking the doorway or harming your child will have worse things to worry about than self-defence, like staying in one piece!" as, frankly, my reading of it did not make sense to me.

Also, I was not sure how your statement of "That is precisely why when training not to rush through moves, muscle through moves, or "strike" through moves" explains just how you would deal with such situations as above.

Am I the only one confused here?

In any case, I agree with George here in that aikido is not a passive art but is one in which sen-no-sen and sen-sen-no-sen are utilized. I'll have to also disagree with your assertion that aikido is the "fastest way up" the mountain; it's not the art -- it's the practitioner.

-- Jun

Please help support AikiWeb -- become an AikiWeb Contributing Member!