Thread: i have issues.
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #1
malsmith
Dojo: Masters of Aikido in Fogelsville
United_States
i have issues.

im not really sure where to start with this, but im hoping that someone was or is in my situation and can help me out, both my parents claim to be christians, and they force me to go to a christian school, where they have a chapel service every week and bible class everyday, and then they also make me go to church every week, and for a while i was seriously trying to be a christian, but i decided that it just was not for me, and i beleive only i can make that decisione, and i cant stand all this christianity being forced on me anymore.

before i even got into high school i begged them to put me in public school (because i had been in private school my whole life) and they wouldnt, and now i asked if i could not go to church anymore and they said i have to go until im 18, and my mom said she feels like she failed as a mother because none of her kids are christians, but i think part of it is that she is trying so hard that its like 'turning me off'.

and i dont know what to do, because if the people at my school found out i wasnt a christian they would flip out and try to 'convert' me, and i dont know how to make my parents understand that, at least for now, i dont want to have a christian lifestyle.

any suggestions?

just a side note, i dont think theres anything wrong with christians or christianity, i just dont think its for me.