View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:13 AM   #57
gates
Re: Why so many Haters of Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido?

Quote:
Yannis Mousoulis wrote: View Post
I see what you mean...I don't want my posts to sound harsh or exagerated but the only thing i cannot accept is the so-called competition in aikido. It makes people just graple with each other instead of doing actual technique, it has a different purpose than the true purpose of budo and it is not in any way in the spirit of aikido regardless of what o'sensei (and i am fully aware of what i'm saying here) or anybody else believed. It's the only thing that i won't say "in my opinion", it is an objective truth. The way of the sportsman and the way of competition is not the way of the warrior...
The purpose of driving a car is to get from a to b. Motor racing is a pointless exercise that only serves to pander the ego's of participants. Except that advances in technology, fue economy, aerodynamics, safety are generated from it, helping us get from a to b.

In principle I agree wholeheartedly with what you say, however things are never as black and white as you suggest. For a truth to really hold firm it has to reflect both sides of the coin.
Respectfully
Keith

Last edited by gates : 09-06-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Enjoy the journey