Thread: Spiritual Power
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Spiritual Power

So much discussion on power I thought I'd give another perspective.

As I see it following the desire for power and more power is a fools errand as far as Aikido is concerned. As I see it I see people debating and believing they are achieving something yet to me no matter how much they try to justify this search they are unaware they are merely standing still or even going backwards.

Can anyone describe what power is spiritually?

I have seen explanations based on many different things discussed but all boil down to superior something that in turn therefore can dominate by choice the less superior. Whether it be through better skills, better education, better .....well whatever.

So we are still looking at the ability to dominate, to control, to be in a position where you have choice.

Is that power? I believe it is stupidity therefore if you really want to be ultimately stupid then that is the path to follow.

Within that logic it means if you are not as described you are weak, unable to control in a good manner, without choice. Thus if you believe this logic then no matter how far 'advanced' you think you are getting you are actually still in the same trap, the same prison, the same ignorance.

Spiritual has nothing to do with such things and thus cannot be understood by such a mind.

Therefore if someone were to do a martial art based on spiritual principles those into power would be blind to what they are being presented with.

Spiritual well being has been the responsibility of religion since time immemorial and thus all religions have mentioned things of ultimate or true power and principles of such that you should incorporate into your lives. Ueshiba did no different.

The problem with religions was that those who recognised those truths were followed by those who could only but translate them in terms of power and control and the feeling of superiority. The same old trap, the same old game, the same old ignorance.

Thus the same pattern follows in Aikido. Thus the same pattern follows on the subject of Aiki. Nothings changed, merely the same cycle of the destruction of truth. Caused by reasoning that can't see past that logic of power.

So we can build bombs and create advanced things with science yet we are still stuck in ignorance thinking we are advanced.

The secret to Aikido is it has nothing to do with power or strength internal or otherwise.

Regards.G.