View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 AM   #38
Upyu
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Re: True Internal Strength

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
The simple fact is, from your camp there isn't a vid out there. Mike put one out, I got a good look at what he does without spending $1500.00 for a plane ticket, hotel, rental car, gas, food, PLUS the cost for me to see him do his thing. That isn't what it will cost me in lost wages. I know that is how you make your living be teaching people our methods of what we are all missing, but why not come to me if you what to show me something. My goodness people I am a middle management, I am not made of money.
Looking isn't the same as feeling...as has been reiterated before. It's exactly that kind of attitude that exacts mockery from the very people that took it on themselves to go and check it out.

I think you should get some hands on time with someone if time and money permits. I think you'll be surprised to find that if you could hack the training (and yes, the unavoidable fact is that a large part of it is still physical), it provides everything you've just been ranting about, and more.
And it would make sense as to why Ueshiba started spouting about love, peace, teddy bears, and the universal theory of everything.