View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #77
statisticool
United_States
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Don Magee wrote: View Post
The only reason those slams worked is because he was unwilling to break his arm. Had he been willing to end that guys MMA career forever, he could of broke his arm before that slam ever happened. Instead he was trying to be nice and get the 'tap'.
It looked to me like he didn't even have time to get a good lock in (either time) before the much stronger person picked his whole body up and slammed him. If it was a good lock, the person would have tapped or have not been able to pick him up and slam him.

Quote:
However even then the slams did not really mess him up that much.
A large cut on the back of the head?

Hard enough for the other guy to stop because he knew it was a hard hit?

In a real encounter, the person on the bottom wouldn't be so lucky because the other person doing the slamming might not just stop like that.

Quote:
Breaking fingers, strikes to the throat, clawing the eyes, testicles etc, are all very low precentage.
I hear this all the time, but we never see the actual studies showing how these percentages were calculated. Will you show us your study?

Quote:
And blows to the back of the head are not really defensive moves, that means you are on their back raining shots. Hardly aiki if you ask me.
You can hit someone on the back of the head without mounting them.

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."