View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
George S. Ledyard

Dojo: Aikido Eastside
Re: broke collarbone

Quote:
Roman Kremianski wrote: View Post
You're either the toughest guy in Aikido, or there's something here you're not telling us. I don't know anyone who would pass a San Dan test with a broken clavicle, let alone even be allowed to test. (What's the point? In a hurry?)
I wasn't the one who decided on this... I had moved to Seattle and it wasn't so easy to get back to DC. I finally made it for summer camp which was a week of training and Sensei told me at the beginning of the week that he wanted me to test at the end of the week. On Wed I got dropped on my shoulder. Yes, it was painful, but i don't think it was as bad as yours... Sensei kept wandering by as I watched class and he looked at me like I had done this to get out of testing. In the end he had me test anyway. Instead of paired sword I had to use a shoto and instead of the usual paired jo, I had to use a cane to defend against the jo. All my empty hand was done on one side as the other was immobilized. Sensei's not one to let you off the hook unless you're just about dead... As to the point... I guess Sensei wanted to see what i would come up with.

George S. Ledyard
Aikido Eastside
Bellevue, WA
Aikido Eastside
AikidoDvds.Com