Thread: Ueshiba's Aiki
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #560
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Ueshiba's Aiki

Yaaaaawn - I see we are all still at it and the banter continues. Below are some quotes that I feel are somewhat appropriate to the general drift of this thread:

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"The reason I talk to myself is because I'm the only one whose answers I accept."
― George Carlin

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
― Aldous Huxley, Complete Essays 2, 1926-29

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."
― Gloria Steinem

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
― Winston S. Churchill

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."
― Mark Twain

"No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong."
― François de La Rochefoucauld

"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened and after you are finished reading one you will feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse and sorrow, the people and the places and how the weather was. If you can get so that you can give that to people, then you are a writer."
― Ernest Hemingway

"Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you."
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind

"There are some things one remembers even though they may never have happened."
― Harold Pinter

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
― Marcus Aurelius

"Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it."
― Mark Twain

I think I am going to take the advise of the last quote from Mark Twain and just bow out at this point - the thread has ran its course and nothing more of any worth will be coming out of it.

So, folks - Ken is right and we are all wrong - he won - time for us unenlightened ones to move on in our blindness

Greg