View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #320
Gernot Hassenpflug
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Japan
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Mark Murray wrote: View Post
Hi Gernot,

No disrespect to Akuzawa's learning abilities. But, I was wondering more along the lines of what happened *once* these three actually started getting some structure. Sort of like where some of us are at now. We are currently working a different training path to build a structure and at the same time we're training in an organizational martial art.

I don't have to have Rob's skill to know that if he joined an aikido class, not many could throw him or get him off balanced. So, then, he either has to purposefully let his balance be taken or be seen as a problem. At some point in their training, Akuzawa, Mike, and Dan had to have come across something like that. What did they do?
Heh, not sure how much of this should be public, so I'll keep it respectful. Basically, Ark figured out quickly that most seniors at the DR place he was at couldn't throw him. One senior ask him harshly what the heel he was there for, so Ark whispered in his ear, "To learn ... if there's anything to be learnt here" LOL