Old 08-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #124
David Orange
Dojo: Aozora Dojo
United_States
Re: Ueshiba Morihei's power

Quote:
Scott Burke wrote: View Post
This is just speculation. Relax!
Well, some sorts of speculation are interesting and some are a little over the border.

As an aikido man, this kind of idea strikes me as rather insulting to Ueshiba and his family.

And as science, it strikes me as something we might expect to find in the National Enquirer--like the Batboy. Attributing such high-level mental and physical functioning to brain or nerve injury?

I guess the hash of Ueshiba's history--having to be supported by his students periodically because of sudden intermittent weakness in the prime of his life, for example (mixing up specific incidents from his old age as having happened in his prime)--set the tone to put all these ideas in ridiculous light. It just reminded me of a recent post where some guy, through very poor reading of Ueshiba's history, reached the conclusion that Ueshiba was obese! It shows utter lack of respect for the facts of the matter, and that simply invites rejection.

I'm more than willing to entertain serious thinking on the subject, but please don't expect anyone serious to accept things that defy the laws of nature.

Best to you.

David

"That which has no substance can enter where there is no room."
Lao Tzu

"Eternity forever!"

www.esotericorange.com