Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #88
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Requirements to demonstrate "IP"?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Hey Greg,

I'm sure we have lot's in common that we can talk about. We are both martial artists, we are both Americans, we are both Aikiweb members. We have lot's of common ground, if you're interested in exploring that.

I understand, fully, the you need to experience something argument, or "IHTBF". I will try, in 2013 to make that a reality for myself. Until then I would like to talk about the things outside of experiencing an event. There are lot's of things we could talk about.

I'm sorry if you feel I've slighted you.
I don't feel slighted in anyway, however, I am somewhat exasperated by your constant insistence to discuss a subject you have no experience in, coupled with a preconceived opinion that differs from those you want to discuss it with that do have experience in it. Of course, we may have some common ground from a general perspective of MA and as members of Aikiweb, but they are not the subjects you want to discuss - as said, we have absolutely no common ground in the subject of IP, and we never will until you go out and gain some direct experience with it from someone that does.

Let me try some other analogies/metaphors here that may be easier for you to relate to:

You come across as a child that is constantly asking his parents details equivalent to what is evolved with swimming, riding a bike, or driving a car - of course, some basic information can be provided (which has been given you already about IP) but true detailed discourse between the parties can not occur until the other party has gained sufficient practical experience on the subject. Or;

How about a more sophomoric one that may just relate better to you. Let's go back to our high school days (mine were in the late 60s and I imagine yours were somewhere in the 90s) anyway, every Monday morning the guys would get together and talk about their sexual conquers over the weekend (some may find this sexist, but it is not - it is just the reality of it at that time) During that time, you generally had two groups - there was the group (virgins) that were lying to themselves and others bragging about how lucky they got, when in realty, they never scored. However, they would continue with much detail on the subject trying to convince others that they knew what they were talking about and what it was like - their detail was always second hand information and mostly from others of the same group. Then there was the other group just sitting there smiling (for various and obvious reasons ) and not saying a thing; this was the group that did get lucky and they knew was it was like and what it was not like, but there was no sense talking to those that did not know because they just did not have enough information to conduct an intelligent conversation on the subject.

My advise to you, Chris, is to go out and get lucky. Then come back here with that smile on your face and we can continue the conversation. Any other action on your part can only mean two things: 1) you really are so dense that you just cannot hear what people are saying to you, or; 2) you really are a sophisticated troll. If the former, get some therapy; if the the latter, well, the only thing that comes to mind is from W.C Fields:
"Go away kid, ya bother me"

Your choice - and good luck

Greg

Last edited by gregstec : 11-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.