Thread: Confused...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #8
Infamousapa
Dojo: Aikido Institute of America
United_States
Re: Confused...

The funny thing about Aikido is its not just about techniques its about your spirit and a matter of if your right or wrong in a situation.For example if I spar with a friend theres a chance my aikido wont work much either because they know me,they know i practice aikido,and there ready for me to apply aikido on them witch makes it diffucult.However what drew me to aikido is its a true martial art in a way that its spiritual and a way of life.In a real life situtation,If your heavily scolded you should address the scolder and let him or her know youve been insulted.You should then know if your opponent is aggressive after youve corrected them.And if your right in a situation you should be calm hence AIKIDO..your opponent however is wrong but not used to being corrected or having someone talk back to them.So they become in a rage because they think they could step on peoples toes and disrespect people without regular foes like ourselves stepping up the plate.At this point we have won already because we should still be calm because we were correct on the situation and we are right and they are wrong.They are living life thru a wrong pathway so when someone steps up they show aggresion,rage,they become hostile and they attack.At this point we should be able to see this energy,and see the attack with constant practice.Our calm selves should see this energy build up and laugh because we are right,calm and ready to turn this persons energy against them.So the point im trying to adress is Aikido is a way of life thru harmonious way of living.We use energy against the aggressors will.So bigger the energy against us witch is one with god and the world would be inevitable to defeat.More energy against aikidoka easier the aikido...