View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
jennifer paige smith

Dojo: Confluence Aiki-Dojo / Santa Cruz Sword Club
United_States
Re: Training

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
I never said that i don't attack with conviction nor that i refuse to take ukemi.

I thought i might get some help from more experienced aikidoka and have in part. However, i do not find the last couple of posts helpful in the slightest.
Consider this thread closed because i have a feeling it will deteriorate into something it was never intended for
Don't take it so personally if you can help it. The people here only have a glimpse of you through a little post and all of our thoughts are in development also. Take what seems helpful and don't judge the rest too harshly. Who knows, one of the things you like hearing the least may be your best allie down the road.

And, I said it above, and I'll say it different again; Beginners mind is the blessed state of the beginner and the location we are all seeking to return to, ultimately. So, ease off of your need to know so much while you have a big fat permission slip to do so.

Hang in there!

One practical thought. Practice solo movements of technique as Kata. Practice Ukemi on your own (rolling and committing energy forward and backward) and then feel that sensation when you are practicing with whoever.

Last edited by jennifer paige smith : 05-11-2007 at 12:08 PM.