View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #23
Michael Douglas
United Kingdom
Re: Any instructors here ever challenged?

This is not a criticism, just an observation, maybe even a compliment.
Of the stories above, when the Aikido instructor is challenged, the response has never been a typical Aikido syllabus technique.
Anyone got any real info as to why ??

( Dennis Good ;
"Tae Kwon Do guy does a spinning roundhouse. My instructor enters in behind him, grabs him at the collar and belt, spins and drives him face first into the mat. "

Michael Hackett ;
" one of the karate students walked up to him and threw a strong munetsuki towards his face. The aikidoka got off line and took the fist in his hand and submitted the karateka by squeezing his thumb tighter into his own fist. "

Daniel Hulley ;
" and well I went at him at full speek, and he missed the technique, and ended up throwing me by my head...."

Raul Rodrigo ;
"One of my sempai was testing our Japanese shihan by trying not to go down during a katate dori sokumen iriminage. The shihan smiled and converted the technique into an elbow drop: he made it into a sacrifice throw where he fell on my sempai with his elbow in the center of his chest. " )

And from memory of stories here, when O-Sensei was challenged the results were similar.