Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #239
wildaikido
Dojo: Hans de Jong Self Defence School
Australia
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Philippe Willaume wrote: View Post
Hello
yes I believe that also, don you are focusing on the technical level and graham is talking to at the tactical/strategically level.
No I am still saying that your train however you want, I train from escaping the guard, passing the guard, what ever is required in that ground situation.

I am being literal and philosophical. Mochizuki Kancho taught us through the teachings of Kano and O'Sensei that developing the inner self is as important, if not more so, then developing the physical self. We don't do this siting around mediating or dancing in Aikido, we do consistent hard mindful training that is physical. People can use what ever techniques they want. Ron is correct that technically Don and I may do similar training.

But you are correct,

Quote:
Philippe Willaume wrote: View Post
However the more you train the more generic solution you find. So the more that generic awareness can be turned into something useful.

I think that is graham is referring to.
I am referring to the fact that if you develop a greater awareness then the person you need to defend yourself against you will have no problem applying what you have to the situation. Even if that means you leave before things go wrong, or run when they do

Regards,

Graham Wild