View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #260
statisticool
United_States
Re: How to teach and train relaxation

Quote:
Wayne Wilson wrote:
Good ol' Justin talkin' bout Good ol' external skills and good ol' normal physics. None o dat strange eastern mumbo jumbo.
I cannot help it if some internal theorists' explanations of what they believe distinguishes internal from external is not convincing.

Quote:
I'm sorry that you're so anti-poetic, romantic, mystical, religious, or anything besides 'good ol' western materialism, but I would urge you to consider that this other 'stuff' is some of the most enriching aspects of life.
So much for attack the argument not the person.

So what, specifically, from that book do you feel cannot be explained without resorting to mysticism?

Kevin, I'm still wondering how you are measuring ones' understanding of ki. If you just say 'by demonstration, come visit', I'm then wondering why it wouldn't be demonstrating just regular old physics, mechanics, efficient body movement, timing, and the like.

Michael, you said

Quote:
One of the things I can do, none of us can fully explain, but it's something I was taught how to do and I essentially only follow the mechanics to get there.
Can you share this baffling skill with us? Just what is it (maybe post a video- it has to be shown, right?), and who, specifically, are these people that cannot fully explain it? Can you share their names? Perhaps some of us around here can fully explain it. I'm sure you do want to figure it out.

And demonstrations of the efficacy of the 'ground strength vector' theory in a full resistance/contact match, videotaped. Do any exist?

Oops, more questions. I'll have to work on that.

A secret of internal strength?:
"Let your weight from the crotch area BE in his hands."