View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #40
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: should you smoke marijuana on your aikido journey

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
It's the answer to something, that's for sure!

(and 42 to you too )
Mary:

On anybody's "journey" in life, they are basically entitled to do anything that they would like to do to themselves. I frankly do not care if that includes "consensual" relationships with "mature" live stock !

That being said, that Aikido "journey" will involved practicing with another person. At that point in time, NO MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES should be used by any one party, due to the REAL risks that are entailed by doing so. If two consensual adults want to practice with one or both of them being stoned on anything, then let them do it in the privacy of their own abodes. Maybe Cheech and Chong run a dojo for all I know. In my school, the rules are clear and well defined. I have seen the bad side of when that policy is not enforced. This is of course my opinion based upon my life, which has included in participating in a wealth of mind-altering substances when I was much younger. Even then, I never mixed training with partying. When I did, it was reserved for training with a MIGHTY hangover and I did that very rarely, because of how much training like that was a bad experience!

Marc Abrams