View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #29
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Ki-Society Workshop in Denver, Dec 06

Quote:
Adam Bauder wrote:
Did you think it was somehow lost on me? That was demonstrated to me the first time someone gave me a 'ki test' and my back heel dug into the mat.
"Back heel"??? I had to do it with my feet parallel. You wuss! With your feet parallel, as was done in Shaner Sensei's workshop, you can get down to the nitty-gritty of where you are sourcing your power PDQ.

I was thinking that I'm not totally clear on how "soft" some of the tension guys are (I'm not sure I want to know.... I've already been through this a few times and experience tells me....... ), but I'd suggest that regardless, it might be worthwhile for people to take a look at Akuzawa's stuff (from what Dan is posting, he's using some of Akuzawa's exercises or close to, but all that's unclear), some of Ushiro's stuff, but also no one should hesitate to go to a Ki Society workshop which does an overview of the basic principles (as Shaner's workshop did). Understanding that all of these "different approaches" are actually all working from the same basic principles means that they can get a 3-dimensional picture of the whole beast. It's a complex beast and few approaches cover all facets of it.

FWIW

Mike