View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #9
Thomas Campbell
Re: What kind of "spiraling" does Aikido have?

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Can't find the page, Tom. Got a better URL?

Er, Pao Chui is not considered a "fighting form". It's the second routine, designed to train the more advanced trait of "body follows hands". I don't know who you're talking to as "never learned pao chui". Who are you talking about? Certainly not me.

Mike Sigman
P,S. Quit making posts and then deleting them in order to make a statement and not take responsibility.
No . . . looks like the link is broken, Mike. That's a shame.

I'm not training Chen taijiquan. I'd been told by a number of Chen teachers that they regarded Pao Chui (Er Lu) as a "fighting form," building on the first routine Yi Lu but training both applications and attributes closer to the way the art would be used in combat. One of those teachers has not yet learned Pao Chui, though he talks quite a bit about Chen taijiquan.

Tom Campbell

P.S. Quit telling people whether they can delete a post they've written, whether for editing, rewriting or simply because they decided they don't want it up there. Last I recall this is Jun's forum, and I'll gladly accept his direction in that regard. I take responsibility for what I write here. If you don't like what I write, apologies in advance for any stress or loss of naptime it may cause you.