View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
DH
United_States
Re: Systema No Contact Techniques

Hello Marc
I am not saying Systema can't deliver-in fact I have made the case that it does. I personally know teachers in it who can. that is neither the purpose or intent of my comments.
I always say the same thing-stop looking at the teacher and look at the student (uke in Japanese terms) Does the term "pre-conditioned response" have meaning? And is there is a reason it is deeply rooted in cooperative arts. Do you know of active aggressive and trained fighters who move and more importantly "respond" like that? Care to tell me who?

I just hate this stuff being thrown about the web with little to no explanation. I looks just like the worst of the aikido and daito ryu training out there.

1. No fighters I know of or people I train with give up their center like that while attacking or in response There is no reason to think that people attack and then give up their bodies like that. And yes I am aware of the sensitivity training and I disagree with it. There are other ways to train and change the body. Much like receiving a punch standing there...or with receiving one with an active mind and body in motion are very different things- so is free form attacking with rational responses to counters and movement.
Training to attack and fight with a connected and powerful body and receiving and exchanging energy does NOT have to look like that at all. We do our own version of that- that does not rely on that cooperative level to chang the body and it'r reaction response to force and movement. It is rational and it works as well. There are many methods to train. There is no requirement that we agree to them all.
Cheers
Dan