View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Telemere
United_States
Hello folks . . .

This is my first post so please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Morris and I and a veteran of the 101st Airborne Division. I spent two years in Korea studying Taekwondo and enjoyed the philosophy much more then the actually physical training. Punches and kicks just didn't do it for me.

I examined Judo and thought that might be the route for me but meanwhile I got married and had a wonderful daughter named Madison and completely forgot about the martial arts.

Now its years later and I am thinking I want to show my daughter there is more to life then what she sees in school.

I guess at this point I should also say I am a Buddhist, although not a good one. I still let the stresses of life dictate my actions . . . which is not good.

Anyway I found Aikido and did some web searching on it and said to myself . . . this is it. This is what I want to train my daughter in and it's what I want to explore as well.

My daughter was involved in Karate for about a year and she hated it cause the sensei was more concerned with training them to fight then he was with training the philosophy of mind and body together.