View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
SteliosPapadakis
Dojo: aikido-dojo-nippos
Greece
Re: Problem with another aikidoka.

In such topics, one should have been able to hear both parties. What you consider aggressive or offensive behaviour can be seen similar-wise from the other party. I cannot suggest an objective point of view without hearing the other bloke.
No matter and supposing you are 100% right:
Βe straight with him after class, in a calm and relaxed way state your points. No matter what, you will have been made clear on your intentions and feelings. WHich is always a good thing.
See how it goes for a lesson or two.
Ifr there is no improvement or change in approach, talk to your sensei or dojo-cho. See if they can help but let them hear both sides.
Be well

PS. i have had a similar case in our dojo but i was found on the other shore of the story. A new student, coming from another dojo/system/approach though he knew all about Aikido. Me being a 1st Kyu, him a 6th. He would always stop in the middle of the exercise to instruct me, point out my mistakes etc. I always tried to show and (why not) teach him a couple of things, always with my Sensei observing and nodding in approval of my approach. The guy would not stop and even critisise the way the Sensei corrected his mistakes. It was all hopeless...Finally he decided (in everybody's favour) to try another dojo. From friends there we learnt he kept up to his habbit, critisizing and correcting all students and said that we were bullying him ( ! ), arrogant, aggresive and the sort...
Go figure...