View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #68
kewms
Re: Aikiweb as a "Big Tent"

Quote:
Marc Abrams wrote: View Post
Those that seek real change also know where to look. At the end of the day, people can either grow in their pursuits, stay stagnant, or simply get worse. No expressed ideas can ever hide that reality.
I think part of my approach to this thread is that each of us is ultimately responsible for our own training. So if someone chooses to train in a way that I think is "wrong," that is not my problem or my responsibility.

Sure, I might choose not to visit their dojo, and suggest that others not go there either. And if they happen to visit my dojo, they should expect to receive the same instruction as any other student, even if it collides with their preconceived notions.

But out here on the internet, where the only real consequences are embarrassment and hurt feelings? *shrug* Life is too short. I've got my own training to worry about.

(And that's even more true when the debate is around the effectiveness of a particular training methodology, rather than something like safety or instructor ethics.)

Katherine