View Single Post
Old 04-10-2002, 06:58 AM   #30
Bruce Baker
Dojo: LBI Aikikai/LBI ,NJ
Books

I was at Barnes and Noble in Cherry Hill, NJ a couple of weeks ago, and they had a very slim selection of Aikido books, but it was a good place to actually open the books and look at them. Although I think actually looking through one owned by a friend makes it a give in to purchase a book post haste.

A trip to the local book store might be your best bet.

Excuse me while I address Andy Russo who seems to be personally enamored with attacking me.

Since you are the master of these threads Andy, maybe you can explain for the rest of us the seven pillars of Aikido as out lined by John Stevens Sensei, and differences in the styles of Aikido as they relate to incorporating Judo, Jujitsu and Karate into each particular style? Why hitting a muscle leaves black and blue, while pressure points don't.

If you can't, then please grow up and get out into the world and learn what I am learning, continue to learn. Aikido contains more than meets the eye, or our teachers and shihans give to us in practice.

Sorry, had to do it. Stress ain't no good for Meniere's.

As for books, don't be in a hurry, one will catch your fancy and that will be your book.