View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #75
MM
United_States
Re: Internal Power (AIKI?)-- Players and Haters

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I might be remembering incorrectly, and I'm sorry if I am, but I think i recall Toby Threadgill saying somewhere that he believes weapons work is an important way to developing an aiki body...or something akin to that.
Can't argue with that.

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I believe you've said something to the effect that aiki has nothing to do with the other person in the interaction (am I mistaken?)...what about when the other person is also using aiki? Isn't there at that point a kind of searching into the body of the other to find the inside track? In other words, it seems like developing an aiki body (self-oriented?) is a kind of step-one whereas applying it to another aiki body (self-other-oriented) might be a kind of step-two. Does that make sense?
Well, once I actually have an aiki body and can use it dynamically against someone else using aiki, I'll be able to test those theories.

I'm told that aiki to aiki is an entirely different thing than aiki to non-aiki. But, even then, I think it's still more about what you're doing internally.