View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #47
CorkyQ
Dojo: Kakushi Toride Aikido
United_States
Re: Ki energy defined

Quote:
Ron Ragusa wrote: View Post
When I wrote that my view of Ki was incompatible with your explanation it was because I use Ki in an entirely different context. It's much less sweeping than your Ki as fundamental energy and has nothing to do with Ki as the generator of life from lifelessness.
I understand.

Quote:
While my blog has many posts regarding my take on Ki, for the sake of brevity I'll just say that for me Ki is manifest via the coordination of mind and body. Spirit is the facilitator of mind/body coordination. When I have coordinated mind and body I enter a state of correct feeling and Ki is noticeably evident.
I believe you

Quote:
Your physics seems on solid ground with respect to the Standard Model. Your speculation regarding the roles of Ki as being the source of the four known forces and the bestow-er of life is like String Theory, Quantum Gravity or M Theory in that before it can be accepted as scientific "fact" it must undergo experimental verification.

You can, of course, choose to simply accept your view on faith, convinced that it is correct because of your own observations over the past 10 years. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. It's your metaphor and (from what I read in Mark Freeman's blog) you have been able to employ it to take your Aikido to another level. Can any of us ask more of our metaphors?
Like all theory from Newton on up, the best we can hope for is a working model. In our human history each theory has been proven to be incomplete or dead wrong eventually, but in the meantime the working model allows us to predict some effects and create technology to implement them.

This is how I look at the postulate I have presented. I am more than open to revisions or contrary evidence. It is through these things our understanding grows.

Quote:
Your training paradigm sounds interesting. After watching a few of your videos on YouTube, I can see that while our metaphors and methods are different we have goals for our Aikido that are very much in common.

Ron
I think the truth can be told many ways.

Thanks for your consideration.

Corky