View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #75
"Tom28"
IP Hash: e9cd761e
Anonymous User
Re: Another harassment question

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post

Good question here is does Tom28 who had to stop going to the dojo for a while because he was busy has the right to take over another person's dojo, and change it to what he feels it should be? And not by a women who is being victimized by a sensei where others on the net condemning him as a predatory male sexist animal. Thus, harassment laws should be in place to protect a helpless women (not girl) from all males who are thus monster sexist predators because he doesn't say the right thing to the right woman. Because all women are oppressed and helpless and are without any of their rights, and need others to rush to their aid. This should bother you that is the real issue being buried in favor of this situation twisted into a flagship that attacks and condemns all men. It bothers me, on many levels.
Philip,

Sometimes a shovel is a shovel. He acts rudely towards women, it happens. Probably a lot.
The less number of students the school has the less number of people I can train with and learn Aikido from.
If something happens and a school gets shut down I stop training Aikido.
That's selfish of me but it's one of the reasons I'm sticking my nose into it.
As I mentioned in other posts I also feel guilty for not stopping it when it happened to my other friend, I feel bad that other students are subjected to it and I feel bad my friend is now in that position.

I don't think I want to take over the dojo. Do I want the dojo to be the best possible place it can be? Of course.

And regardless of where it happens harassment is wrong. If someone was being harassed on here by a Mod say and I found out about it would I get involved and do what I can to stop it? (even if it's just informing another mod) Yes I would. I'm not trying to take over the forum- when you see something that's wrong however you fix it. That's all.

Sidebar. I take it you are Mary have a disagreement stemming from another thread?