View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #172
DH
United_States
Re: Video definitions, "Aiki" and other terms.

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
Dan, you can't make a video?
Chris
I have no interest in doing so, many have asked to film me.
You can continue to suggest other reasons why that is (all that I have seen from you are negative) but in light of the number of people I have met and trained with -who read these pages- and the dozens I have sparred with openly, your negative suggestions regarding my motivations are starting to sound a bit silly. Let's be fair to each other; let's leave it that you can't understand or do not agree with my reasoning for not creating video. That would at least be a fair criticism of me on your part, while also sounding more credible. I thought your earlier comment about "feeling stone walled in your efforts" was also fair. That's preferable to the more negative connotations about motives- that I find counterproductive to the discussion, particularly, since I have offered to meet-up with you in person more than once.

You might want to note that there are many budo teachers in established arts, who support a tradition, charge money for ranking and who are very public- who also will not allow video. I am none of the former, but I am certainly not unusual in the later.

Cheers
Dan