View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #705
GeneC
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Quote:
David Henderson wrote: View Post
I respect that you've taken a position, and I'm not trying to change your mind. DH
Dave, you'll not change my mind (especially the way you're going about it), but I think I see the problem we're having here( And I'm a man of few words- which reminds me of a joke- a man meets a woman in a bar and they decide to go home together and he says,"I'm a man of few words" and she says,"Your place or mine?" and he says,"Well if your'e gonna argue about it, forget it").

You're recognizing things that're similar and concluding that they must be the same, but they're not. I explained this in an earlier post, but I'll go over it again here( and believe it or not, I'm not trying to be condescending{well, maybe alittle}).
We are dealing with two different evolutionary processes, but neither are social. The two we're dealing with are Biological (Natural) and industrial. The reason we're dealing with the biological evolutionary process is because Aikido is based on Natural principles of Physics( motion and force), which put that part of evolution in Aikido in the biological evolutionary process.( Now, I ask here that there's folks out there defying Physics, so is that an evolution of Physics?), BUT, there's alot of other parts of Aikido that's NOT about the priciples of Physics, that has to do with the other things, but which puts it in the Industrial evolutionary process,which can be imporved upon immediately. Did you get all that?

Only between a single breath is Yin/Yang in harmony
Emotion is pure energy flowing feely thru the body-Dan Millman