View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #44
Rupert Atkinson

Dojo: Wherever I am.
United Kingdom
Re: What would you do if someone attacked you in the street?

Quote:
Joe Curran wrote: View Post
Rupert,
I reckon Rupert you would find it nigh impossible to take a bottle [especially a full beer bottle ] from a 85 year old Glaswegian after a booze up Sat night in dear old Glasgow town.Cheers, Joe.
Joe - I lived in Scotland for a year. They believe in equality up there; on a Fri/Sat/Sunday night, every man still outside after 10pm has a bottle in his hand. No closing time. They are all equal - so it would be a fair fight, and I would keep my distance - further than normal ! In fact. I'd probably be safe at home already. That is not a stereotype - it was ridiculously true.

I remember seeing blood on the sidewalk in the morning quite often, but usually 'cos they fell down drunk and bashed their own heads. I think the most common robbery at that time (1980s) was to rob those drunken idiots. Sometimes they would pass out in the cold/snow and just die - it wouldn't even make the papers. And if one of those louts ever leered towards you - some are drunk 24/7 - all you had to do was to quicken your pace, and if they tired to follow they'd just fall over. You kinda wonder if you should help pick them up. Nah - keep walking. I am not joking.

Last edited by Rupert Atkinson : 09-25-2014 at 12:49 AM.